Ready for your destination wedding? Think you have everything you need? Well this is a My Wedding Away checklist so you can double check. Let us know if we have forgotten anything. Your contribution could help a future destination wedding bride.
My Wedding Away Checklist
Firstly, your carry-on consists of some essential travel items. Triple check to make sure you have all of these important details.
- Plane tickets/itinerary/boarding passes
- Credit Card/Cash
- Visas (if needed)
- Wedding Rings
- Wedding Dress
- Shoes (Wedding)
When it comes to wedding day items, some of these can be replaced so no need to panic. Be sure to create copies or have alternative plans just in case.
- Wedding night lingerie
- Something new, old, borrowed, and blue! (You can also get some of these at the resort)
- Guest Welcome Bags
- Wedding day Jewelry (earrings, bracelet, necklace)
- Your Music Playlist
- Your Vows
- Comfy shoes for the reception
- Traditional Wedding Items that you want to include
- Decor Items that you can’t live without
You might be so consumed with the wedding plans that you might forget vital holiday necessities!
- Sunscreen (Bring multiple SPF’s)
- Bathing suits (Including a strapless to avoid tan lines)
- Insect repellent
- Aloe vera gel
- Toothpaste & toothbrush
- Shaving cream
- Cute shoes for dinners and the beach
- Hair pins/ties
- Beautiful dresses, outfits, and accessories
So, even though you will have a makeup artist for your special day, it’s good to bring your own to use during pictures and the rest of your trip.
- Eyeliner, eyeshadow (try purchasing a palette, way easier), foundation, mascara, lipstick
- Makeup brushes
- Moisturizer, primer, lotions (hand, body)
- Makeup remover
- Face Wash
- Hair extensions (If you have them)
- Flat iron and curling iron
For Your Guests
Finally, it’s a good idea to send an email to your guests to remind them to bring some of the items below.
- Wedding Attire
- Wedding gifts (If they are bringing them)
- Asking if they can fit any decor items
- Wedding Accessories
- Music suggestions
- Passports, Visa’s, Flight/Resort Information
- List of activities or excursions they want to do
My Wedding Away Blog
We love helping couples with their upcoming destination weddings. Our blog has the latest tips, advice, and real weddings to help you with your wedding journey. Check out our social media accounts or contact us with any suggestions.